The beautiful and elegant Dash Restaurant & Bar at the V&A Waterfront has switched things up since Chef Albert Bronkhorst has joined their team. The exciting new menus promise hints of French, English and Asian flavours in addition to original South African cuisine. Chef Bronkhorst shared that he feels privileged to have joined Dash and introduce the new season. “I look forward to merging past experiences with new endeavours in the kitchen and ensuring that guests experience the very best that the Waterfront has to offer.”
Courtesy of the on trend Dash Restaurant & Bar, here are three simple yet elegant and tasty recipes to try out in your free time.
Linguine Primavera (V)
Dairy, Nuts and Gluten
Linguini Pasta cooked
Peppers thin slice
Carrot thin slice
Celery thin slice
Red Onion thin slice
Green Beans blanched
- Heat up a frying pan with oil.
- Add the sliced vegetables to the pan and sauté all until tender.
- Add the cooked linguini pasta to your sautéed vegetables.
- Mix all the cooked vegetables and linguine with the basil pesto.
- Plate the complete meal and garnish with Parmesan shavings.
Mushroom and Port Soup
Flour, Dairy, Alcohol
Mushroom consommé Port Soup
Wild mushrooms pickle
Wild mushroom sauté
- In your pan, sauté the wild mushrooms with thyme, onion and seasoning until tender.
- Strain the contents and keep mushrooms separate.
- Puree the strained mushroom to use as plate garnish.
- Season the strained clear soup and add port to taste.
- Sauté wild mushroom for plate garnish.
- Use dehydrated mushroom for plate garnish.
- Pickle wild mushroom for plate garnish.
Bacon and Egg Salad
Duck Egg Poached Soft
Crispy Parma Ham
- Poach duck eggs to your desired temperature.
- Bake the Parma ham in the oven until it is crisp.
- Wash the salad leaves.
- Grill the artichoke in the oven.
- Flavour the aioli with truffle.
- Chop your chives and the spring onion.
- Plate and assemble the salad.
To add an elegant touch to each of these meals, add these items to your cutlery and service: