This is the sort of vacation home that’s the complete antithesis of the rustic shack: it’s elegant, exquisitely decorated and appointed, and every aspect of it has been carefully thought through.
The stone-clad, three-storey structure, which is situated outside Soller on the idyllic island of Mallorca, needed a complete renovation when Damián Sánchez bought it in 2009. Arrive at the house today and the ground-floor entrance hall provides a warm welcome, leading into the living room which opens out onto a beautifully laid out and furnished patio and pool area.
Spacious and elegant, with confident splashes of colour that add plenty of energy, and boldly embroidered and patterned scatter cushions, the space is glamorous but still relaxed – perfect for a holiday home.
Get the look of this vibrant, contemporary vacation house with these similar products:
1. Quinten Edward Williams ‘Interruption 4’ acrylic on canvas artwork, available from David Krut, R15 000.
2. Rustic rectangular lantern, available from K. Light Import, 4 270.
3. White steel chair, available from Delos, R1 850.
4. Pampa Monte ‘Neutral’ rug (2.17×1.76m), available from Herringbone, R29 070.
5. Pierre Frey ‘Pachuca’ fabric in Multicolore, available from Mavromac, R7 118 per metre.
6. ‘Antoinette’ table, available from La Grange Interiors, R29 995.
7. Roda ‘Mistral’ lounger with cushion, available from Marlanteak, R79 890.
8. Manuel Canovas ‘Bella’ fabric in Rose Indien, available from Mavromac, from R2 766 per metre.
9. ‘Bacchus’ wine glass, available from Poetry, R55.
10. Tolix chair, available from Ernst H Interiors, price on request.
Photographs Greg Cox