Hertex has opened its newest showroom in Cape Town’s charming Chelsea Village. Housed in a heritage building that has been faithfully restored to its former glory, combining its classic Victorian aesthetic with cool industrial materials, the space offers a platform for the fabric and homeware brand’s creative energy and love for tradition.
Hertex Head Homeware Buyer and Creative Director, Katrin Herrmann-van Dyk, shares more about the new store.
1. What catalysed the decision to open the store in Wynberg? We already have three showrooms in the Western Cape; Gardens, Bellville and Somerset West. We found that we needed to cater to our customers residing and working in the Southern Suburbs, therefore we decided to open a store in Chelsea Village, Wynberg.
2. Who is the target market in this new area? Our target market is similar throughout all our showrooms nationwide. They have a strong appreciation for high-quality, beautiful fabrics and homeware, and that’s exactly what we offer them. Our customers are aware of both local and international fashion and décor trends, and we try to honour this every time we work on a new collection.
3. How has reception been since the opening? We’ve been overwhelmed with the support and interest we’ve received since opening our new showroom and it continues to grow on a daily basis.
4. Any new brands/collections we should be on the lookout for? We’re very excited to announce the launch of our new homeware brand HAUS, which is a finely curated collection of homeware featuring scatter cushions, throws, blankets, rugs, tableware and occasional furniture. Our wallpaper and imported collections are also growing and we’re set to release beautiful and exciting new ranges in the coming year.
5. Which collections do you think will be most popular this autumn/winter season? In fabric, we’ve noticed a strong pull toward plush, cocooning fabrics like velvets in beautiful, rich hues as well as chunky weaves, which can be found in our new Rialto and Elementary collections, available in April 2017. In regard to HAUS, we’ve played a lot with texture in the home. Think chunky knit blankets, faux fur throws and ultra-soft cotton napery juxtaposed with industrial materials like marble and steel.
Visit the new showroom at 1 Carr Hill Road, Chelsea Village, Wynberg or hertex.co.za. Call +27 21 761 7734 for more information.