La Mouette Restaurant
Neill Anthony spent ten years in Europe, honing his skills in the professional kitchens of Gordon Ramsay, Alyn Williams, Jérôme Henry, and Marcus Wareing before returning to the Mother City in 2010. As a private chef, his clients include Madonna, Victoria Beckham, Elton John, and U2. His TV show "Private Chef" is syndicated by the Food Channel to 160 countries, and its third season premiered in late 2018 on DStv.
Neill will be overseeing the culinary operations and vision for La Mouette Restaurant, who celebrated its 10th anniversary in May this year. He has spent the last few weeks developing new dishes, aiming to unveil a full new menu once La Mouette opens its doors again for trading after being closed due to COVID-19 for three months earlier this year.
"Neill's attention to detail and passion for creating approachable, yet elegant cuisine is exactly what we are looking to expand upon at La Mouette. With his appointment, we look forward to honing the knowledge and skills of our dedicated staff and to continue providing guests with the most memorable and authentic dining experience in Cape Town" says Gerrit Bruwer, owner of La Mouette.
Neill Anthony says of his appointment: "The classic yet produce-driven modern European style of La Mouette is a great inspiration to me. As a team, we will strive to create an incredible dining experience for our local and international guests. With a new beginning, we will face new challenges head-on and look forward to cooking some fantastic food".
"COVID-19 has thoroughly upended the hospitality industry, and it is doubtful that restaurants will go back to doing things the way we did before, probably for a very long time. However, La Mouette has never shied away from a challenge, and we will continue to innovate around social distancing while following existing protocols and maintaining the highest safety standards. The layout of La Mouette is uniquely suited to social distancing with the various smaller dining areas and outside patio. My team and I look forward to welcoming our customers back at La Mouette as soon as we can." says Gerrit Bruwer.
WIN WITH HOUSE & GARDEN & La Mouette Restaurant
We have partnered with La Mouette Restaurant and are giving away 2 lucky winners the opportunity to win a prize from La Mouette Restaurant prize to the value of R2500 each. The prize consists of the following:
· 3 course meal for 2 people from La Mouette
· A signed copy of Neill Anthony’s cookbook titled Private Chef
· 3 Shades of Pinotage box from Deetlefs, which includes the Deetlefs White Pinotage MCC 2017, Deetlefs Pinotage 2016 and Stonecross Pinotage 2018.
All you have to do to stand a chance of winning is fill in the form below:
This competition expired
T’s and C’s
1. Entrants must supply full name and contact details along with their submissions.
2. Winners will be chosen at random.
3. If winners cannot be contacted, the prizes will be reassigned.
4. Condé Nast Magazines (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to forward entrants’ details to competition sponsors.
5. The judges’ decision is final.
6. Competition prizes not transferable and no cash alternatives are allowed.
7. Employees of Condé Nast Magazines (Pty) Ltd and participating/associated companies and promotional agencies, contributors to House & Garden and families of any of the above may not enter the competition.
8. By entering this competition, you agree to receive correspondence from Condé Nast Magazines (Pty) Ltd and affiliated competition sponsors.
9. Competition is only open to South African residents.
10. Vouchers/gift certificates are not transferable for cash, and should be used within a month once received.
11. Competition closes on the 31st of July 2020.