With the arrival of the new year, your bathroom may be in need of a fresh designer update. Take a look at a few tips to help you paint the tiles in your bathroom and create a perfect fun, inexpensive, vibrant bathroom space.
1. Prep the walls by sugar soaping the tiles
2. Remove existing accessories and use Polyfilla to patch up holes (make sure the Polyfilla is 100% dry before painting)
3. Protect your Sanware by taping around the bath, basin and toilet
4. Apply two coats of Tile & Melamine Primer. You will need approximately four litres for a small bathroom. Be sure to wait for the primer to dry between applications otherwise, the paint will lift
5. Apply two coats of tile paint – this bathroom used Plascon’s Impressionist’s Sky. Be sure to wait for the paint to dry between applications.
1. Prep the floor by sugar soaping the tiles
2. Apply one coat of double gloss, grey veranda paint for cement surfaces
3. Once the paint is completely dry, seal with a concrete floor sealer
Once the wall and floor tiles are painted, you could get creative with the renovation by installing a double dado railing around the bathroom made from recycled wooden pallets, and wash it with watered-down, acrylic paint.
Featured Image: Jose Soriano, Unsplash