180g Egg white
350g Castor sugar
Pinch of salt
15ml White vinegar or lemon juice
15ml Corn flour
- Preheat the oven to 100 °C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the egg whites, castor sugar, salt and vinegar in the bowl of you mixer and place the bowl in hot water on the stove on low heat. Use a whisk to stir the mixture all the time until all the sugar has dissolved. I use a sugar thermometer and bring the temperature to about 37°C (just above body temperature – do not overheat the mixture).
- Remove from the heat and beat for 10 minutes on high speed until you have a stiff, glossy meringue. Fold in the corn flour.
- Spoon the meringue into a piping bag.
- Spread or pipe the meringue onto the baking paper – you can make rectangular or round ones (or one large one).
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes, switch off the oven and leave in the oven to cool completely
LIME CHEESECAKE FILLING
230g cream cheese (at room temp)
200ml cream, whipped
1 lime, zested
15 ml lime juice
60 ml castor sugar
- Combine the cream cheese, lime zest, lime juice and castor sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Whip the cream and fold the cream in 3 batches into the cream cheese filling. Place in the fridge.
RASPBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SWIRL
80gRaspberries, crushed and pushed through a sieve
150g White chocolate, melted
Combine the melted white chocolte and the raspberry puree and mix well. Cool
Caramel chocolate flakes
Easter eggs (small white ones)
Dust with icing sugar
*Connect with Christine Capendale on Instagram now (@christinecapendale).