Whether you’re travelling locally or internationally (once a possibility again), planning is crucial. Even if you’re a big fan of spontaneity, you need to at least have an idea of how many places and activities you can fit in during your trip. Proper planning also means you can get the best prices on accommodation, flights, and car rental, giving you more bang for your holiday buck.
With that in mind, here are 10 things you should consider when planning your next trip.
- Spend some time with a map:
- Decide how long your entire trip can be:
- Do some research regarding travel cards and discounts available for particular sites in the destinations on your list:
- Research what other travellers recommend you should see or experience in a particular destination:
- Find out about visas and passports for the various places you plan to visit:
- Give some thought to the type of accommodation you want:
- Research and buy travel insurance:
Prepare now, enjoy later
Planning your trip well will pay dividends when it comes time for you to take your trip. You’ll have a much better time and come back rejuvenated with a bucket load of great memories.