Fresh prints celebrating South Africa Aurora Home (the homeware brand of Aurora Creative Studio, a dynamic illustration and design outfit that skilfully produces signature fabrics and stylish household
items) is delighted to announce the release of its brand-new range of handcrafted, nature-inspired prints. Consisting of five never-before-seen fabrics, the range also includes three of the top selling prints from last season (lemon, swan and floral), because designer, illustrator and Aurora founder Lize-Marie Dreyer and her multi-talented, all-female sewing team want their customers to have a variety of gorgeous prints to choose from.
Designed in line with Aurora Home’s proudly South African aesthetic, the new boutique range is a fresh take on floral, landscape and other organic-inspired designs, each of which blends a certain local familiarity with world-class quality, and each exuding positivity and a sense of playfulness.
- Fynbos pays tribute to the indigenous Cape Floral Kingdom in a global style all of its own. After all, what’s more iconic in the South African botanic world than the majestic protea?
- Peregrine (meaning “wanderer”) is a homage to the great outdoors, which locals love to enjoy so much whenever we can. A celebration of hiking trails, nature and the great wide open, Peregrine will inspire the wanderer in even the most jaded “couch potato”.
- Blackbird takes its inspiration from the indigenous black flycatcher, a beautiful endemic bird that was spotted by Lize-Marie on one of her Cape Town nature ambles. It may even reawaken your dreams and allow them to take flight.
- Fruity needs no explanation. Mother Nature’s abundance in Lize-Marie’s kitchen fruit basket at her home, bursting with scrumptious locally sourced fruit, led her to create something “juicy”, fresh and fun. Simply “delicious”.
- Squiggle is a clever visual representation of life’s twists and turns that everyone, from South Africans to the rest of the world, has experienced over the past year. Something we can all relate to in these turbulent times of lockdowns and restrictions.
Eco inspiration with an eye for conservation
To add to the unique range of fabrics, Aurora Home is launching a host of brand-new 100%-cotton table runners; quirky, reusable shopping bags (making shopping a treat); and bright tote bags to complement the existing customer favourites: custom designed napkins; aprons; tea towels and soft pots; to mention just a few.
As always, where possible, sustainable materials and methods are used in the making of all the Aurora Home Products. They are passionate about treading lightly on the earth, and so they avoid using any environmentally harmful, synthetic materials in their products. After all, what better way to celebrate this special date on the eco calendar than with a range of organic-inspired fabrics and products that reference abundance that nature blesses South Africans with every day.
Visit aurorahome.co.za for more information about their unique homeware range.
WIN with House & Garden AND Aurora Home
We are conducting a short 5-minute survey about e-magazines (digital magazines, not content on our websites). Share your experience with us below and stand a chance to WIN 1 of 2 Aurora Home hampers to the value of R2500 each.
This competition expired
Terms & Conditions:
- Entrants must supply full name and contact details along with their submissions.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- If winners cannot be contacted, the prizes will be reassigned.
- Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to forward entrants’ details to competition sponsors.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Competition prizes are not transferable and no cash alternatives are allowed.
- Employees of Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and participating/associated companies and promotional agencies, contributors to GQ and families of any of the above may not enter the competition.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive correspondence from Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd and affiliated competition sponsors.
- Competition is only open to South African residents who are 18 years or older.
- Vouchers/gift certificates are not transferable for cash, and should be used within a month once received.
- All information supplied would be anonymous and kept in a confidential manner.
- Competition closes on the 30th of June 2021.