Image: Issy Crocker
It works well as a dinner party dessert and is gluten free, but that’s not the only reason you’ll be making this again and again
- 110g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g pecans
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 200g ricotta
- 1tsp Chinese five-spice mix
- 60g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2tbsp demerara sugar
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/mark 5. Grease a 20cm round cake tin, ideally loose bottomed.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Chop 150g of the pecans very finely and add to the mix. Stir in the cornflour, ricotta, five-spice mix and a pinch of salt.
- Fold in the chocolate and transfer to the prepared cake tin. Flatten the surface, sprinkle with the remaining pecans and the demerara sugar, and bake for 20 minutes. Rotate the tin and bake for a further 10 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
This originally appeared on House & Garden UK | Sarit Packer & Itamar Srulovich