The team from Hinds Spices shared their recipe for authentic Shisa nyama style pan-seared lamb chops.
1. Make sure you pat the lamb chops dry before searing to get a lovely colour to them.
2. Sear on high heat for a gorgeous golden colour.
3 Tbsp cooking oil or preferred oil
2 Tbsp garlic, minced plus extra 1 extra Tsp
2 Tsp Hinds Spices Steak and Chops
1 Tsp Hinds Spices Mixed Herbs
2 Tsp Hinds Spices Paprika
Salt and Hinds Spices Black pepper
800g lamb chops, French trimmed (optional)
1 Tbsp butter
¼ Tsp Hinds Spices Cayenne Pepper
½ Tsp Hinds Spices Black Pepper
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. In a small bowl add oil, garlic, lemon zest, Hinds Steak and Chops spice, Hinds Mixed Herbs, Hinds Paprika, Hinds Black Pepper and salt. With a spoon mix everything together to make a marinade.
2. In a flat tray lay the chops flat on a single layer and drizzle over each with the spice and herb marinade. Rub the marinade to coat both sides every corner of the chops.
4. Once the chops are marinated, you are ready to cook.
5. Heat sautéing pan over medium high heat.
7. Turn the heat down to medium low. Add butter and the extra teaspoon of minced garlic to the pan and cook for one minute making sure you don’t burn it.
8. Next whisk in the brown stock and cayenne pepper. Allow the sauce to slightly thicken about 2 minutes.
9. Add chops back into the pan, baste with sauce and continue to cook the chops until they are at your level of preference. Sprinkle with Hinds Black Pepper and remove chops from pan and place on serving platter.
10. Garnish with parsley and serve with your favourite sides; pap and relish.