Picture: Spanish Oats Bowl, Supplied
Try out this easy recipe for a Savoury Spanish Jungle Oats Bowl, packed with all the nutritional goodness of a regular bowl of Oats and even more flavour.
1 cup of Jungle Large Tiger Oat Flakes
Half an onion chopped
300g extra lean mince
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tin of All Gold peeled and diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon of All Gold tomato paste
Half a teaspoon of smoked paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
4 poached or soft-boiled eggs
Freshly chopped parsley
1. Combine the Oats, water, quarter teaspoon of salt and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture starts to bubble, turn down to a simmer
2. Cook Jungle Large Tiger Oat Flakes for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While the Oats is cooking, spray a new pan with olive oil cooking spray to fry over medium heat.
4. Once heated, add the onion and sprinkle with a quarter teaspoon salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute. Add in the lean mince and break it up into pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5 minutes until the meat is cooked through. Take the pan off the stove.
5. Combine the tinned tomato, tomato paste, paprika and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is chunky and pasty.
6. Add equal portions of Oats to 4 bowls. Top with a quarter cup of the mince mixture, 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1 poached egg. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.