There is nothing quite like a sweet treat to end off a hearty meal. And something that always hits the spot - no matter weather, season, or main course you just had - is chocolate brownies.
Some like it sweet, some like it choclatey, while others like it chewy with a little bit of crunch. Then you get healthier alternatives such as diary-free, vegan recipes that are just as satisfying and delicious.
This vegan chocolate brownie recipe is tried and trusted by credible foodie sources (aka myself and friends), and it takes only minutes to whip up.
If you’re prone to egg or dairy allergies this is the perfect indulgence too.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour in water, vegetable oil, and vanilla essence and mix well until blended.
- Spread evenly into a baking tin (approximately 9 x 13 inches).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and cut into squares.
- Dust with icing sugar if desired.