There is still time to win your dream design job!
Home security supplier Maxidor is on a mission to find and nurture the big name in South Africa’s design community.
In partnership with House and Garden, Maxidor is challenging emerging creatives to conceptualise an original and innovative security solution for windows and doors.
With entries originally closing on 31 August, the competition has now been extended to 15th December 2021.
The winner of the Maxidor | House & Garden Design Innovator Award will see their work go into production, while also receiving a year-long paid mentorship from Maxidor and a spread in an issue of House & Garden.
If you think you have what it takes to create a sustainable, functional and all-round awesome design, read below for the competition details and brief.
‘Innovation and design are at the core of our work at Maxidor, bringing security solutions that are both functional and stylish into the homes of our clients. South Africa’s creative sector is brimming with talent, and I couldn’t be more excited to partner with House & Garden on this journey to find and nurture the next big names in the business,’ says Maxidor CEO Cheryl Sjoberg. ‘Working with Maxidor to engage our industry’s creatives and offer such an incredible opportunity to an emerging designer is something we are very proud of at House & Garden,’ says Editor-in-Chief Piet Smedy.
Security solutions are an essential part of home design, but are often strictly utilitarian. Maxidor and House & Garden invite designers to conceptualise an original, design-forward, functioning security solution for both windows and doors. Designs should align with Maxidor’s core product purpose and function and speak to the brand’s corporate values while showing clear and original thinking in terms aesthetics, materiality and execution.
Entries will be judged on four criteria: Design Originality, Functionality, Commercial Viability and Sustainability.
How To Enter
Entrants will be required to complete all of the information below to be eligible to win.
Entrants will be required to attach a design rationale in Word document format addressing each of the four criteria – Design Originality, Functionality, Commercial Viability and Sustainability – and how the design meets the brief (no more than 250 words per criteria).
Entrants will be required to include no more than five CAD drawings of all design elements, clearly labelled and explained.
Click here to enter.
Conditions of Entry
1. The competition is open to South African citizens aged 18 years or older.
2. Entries open on June 1 2021 and closes August 31 2021.
3. Copyright on entities belongs to Maxidor SA (PTY) Ltd.
4. Winners will be contacted directly by House & Garden Editor-in-Chief Piet Smedy and will be published in the November 2021 issue of House & Garden and on houseandgarden.co.za.
5. The judges decision is final.
6. Prizes not transferable or redeemable for cash or other payment.
7. Maxidor mentorship programme dates and terms are at the discretion of Maxidor SA (PTY) Ltd.
8. All students entering the competition must be in their final year of study and able to accept the Maxidor mentorship offer the following year (2022).