Log into your Instagram right now, Saturday the 26th of September at 12:00 PM SAST, and be part of our Glamourous brunch cooking session featuring private chef and all-round foodie Chef Yenzi.
Join Chef Yenzi as she prepares her Spring fresh Bruled Pink Grapefruit & Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, perfectly paired with the new Brutal Fruit Ruby Apple spritzer 300ml can, easily #EnjoyedAnywhere. Take a look at the recipe below for you to try the dish out on your own. Tune in now and be part of the Brutal Fruit x Glamour brunch session and don’t forget to bring your own Brutal Fruit Ruby Apple spritzer along.
Bruled Pink Grapefruit & Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
By Taryne-Jakobi Styling
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 large banana, peeled and sliced
1 cup strawberries, hulled and washed
1/2 cup milk (can be substituted for plant based or soya milk)
1 cup Greek yoghurt (can be substituted for plant-based yoghurt)
4 blocks ice
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
1 small Pink Apple, sliced
1 small Ruby Grapefruit, peeled and sliced
1/2 a can of 300ml Brutal Fruit® Ruby Apple
To serve: toasted coconut, chia seeds and granola and honey to drizzle.
To garnish, a sprig of fresh mint
1. In a blender, blend the banana, strawberries, milk, yoghurt and ice. Stir in the chia seeds.
2. Pour into bowls and allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken while you make the toppings.
3. Place the sliced apple in the Brutal Fruit® and allow to macerate for 10 minutes, this will ﬂavour the apple and also prevent it going brown)
4. Drizzle the pink grapefruit slices with honey and brulee for 5- 7 minutes under the grill or using a small culinary blowtorch.
5. To serve, drain the apple, and arrange on top of brulee the smoothie. Scatter with granola, chia seeds and toasted coconut, drizzle with honey to serve.