Tasty and delicious in one plate! The asparagus, tomato and feta salad is one easy salad that is packed with so much flavour and it easy on the pocket!
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 packet of fresh asparagus (tough ends trimmed)
- 1 packet. cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Boil water in a large pot and add the
- Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain the asparagus and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes and walnuts. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss
- To prepare vinaigrette - add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over top of the salad and toss
- Sprinkle over the feta then serve,
Recipe by Chef Marcus | @ChefMarcusZA
Images by @OverdueConcepts